About the College
Sri Guru Angad Dev College of Education, Khadur Sahib was established in year 2005 in commemoration of 500 Prakash Utsav Celebration of Second Sikh Guru; Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji. The institution has successfully been running Bachelor in Education i.e. B.Ed. Course (Two years) recognized by National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE), approved by Punjab Government and affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar since 2005. Progressing towards the new horizon, the TEI secured recognition from the Regional Director of Northern Regional Committee (NRC) of National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) to run Elementary Teacher Education Programme i.e. D.El.Ed.(ETT) Course in addition to B.Ed. Course w.e.f. year 2015. The minimum qualification for B.Ed. Course is graduation in any stream whereas the minimum qualification for D.El.Ed. Course is 10+2 in any stream. The institution is a Co-educational institution & the Teacher Education Courses are meant to bring great advantage to rural students for better placement opportunities within and outside the country.
Being spread over a sprawling area of 5 acres, the institution has magnificent infrastructure decorated with green and serene surroundings. Its infrastructural facilities encompass spacious and well-ventilated class-rooms, a colossal auditorium with the seating capacity of more than 500 audience, various Resource Centres viz; Psychology Resource Centre, Science and Maths Resource Centre, Information & Communication Technology Resource Centre, Health and Physical Education Resource Centre, Library Resource Centre, Language Lab, SUPW Resource Centre, Social Science Resource Centre, Conference Hall etc. equipped with the latest technology; lush green beautiful lawn, vast playground for outdoor games & sports, separate common rooms and washrooms for male and female pre-service teachers and many more facilities. The institution has been maintaining its tradition of hundred percent pass percentage in the
University Examination results since its establishment. Under the guidance of well- qualified, experienced & dedicated faculty, the students have brought laurels to the institution by securing distinction marks and by achieving merit positions in University/ S.C.E.R.T. Examinations. The students of the institution also get versatile opportunities to exploit their talent and potentialities in Inter-college competitions and have successfully acclaimed prizes and appreciation certificates in co-curricular activities. The institution also prepares the students for State & National level Teacher Eligibility Tests (PSTET & CTET) and witnesses success of many students every year. Through persistent endeavours and achievements in curricular, co-curricular arena and bright placement avenues, the institution has been successful in maintaining its position amongst the top Rural Teacher Education Institutions of Punjab.
“To produce quality teachers with deep commitment to the profession in terms of both service to the community and contributing to expanding the teaching horizon through expert knowledge and specialized pedagogical skills, acquired and maintained through rigorous and continuing study with creative and innovative methods. The institution visualizes synthesis of tradition and modernity: i.e. a balanced fusion of change oriented technology and continuity of our cultural heritage.”
“To achieve excellence in teacher education by producing confident, competent, committed and compassionate teachers comparable to global standards.”
In order to accomplish the mission, the institution aims to achieve following objectives :-
1. To produce quality teachers who are really proud to be a teacher and truly consider
teaching as a valuable occupation.
2. To enlighten a student’s soul with the power of intellect & spirituality.
3. To develop common concern for the pollution free environment.
4. To create readiness & courage to fight against social evils prevailing in society.
5. To initiate the participation of students in co-curricular activities, essential to the growth of
social skills, recreational temper and a balanced personality.
6. To develop character of students; qualities like integrity, honesty, Judgement,
7. Co-operation, goodwill should be inculcated. To provide ‘true professionals’ in the field of
8. To uplift the weaker section of society so that they can find a suitable place in mainstream
9. To take concrete steps to accomplish the aim of 'empowerment of women’ by organising
various programmes like ‘Career & guidance courses’ for girls.
10. To Collaborate with other local as well as National & International educational Agencies.
11. To provide a congenial atmosphere for faculty members for their professional growth.
12. To create an environment where new technology such as ICT replaces the older one for the
betterment of the teaching learning process.
This institute believes in giving value based education. We hope and aspire to produce teachers who
have a body, mind and soul enlightened with values. We put emphasis on :
● Love for humanity
● Dignity of labour
● Scientific attitude
● Social efficiency
● Commitment to profession
● Character building
● Respect for all religions
● Self discipline